Outdoor matting will add versatility and functionality to any outdoor environment, whether patio, deck or entranceway. These mats can enhance your outdoor space and provide comfort, protection from the weather, and safety. It is important to maintain your outdoor matting to continue serving its purpose and remain in good condition. We will give you valuable tips to help maintain your outdoor mats for long-lasting beauty.
Why Outdoor Matting Matters?
We’ll briefly cover the benefits of outdoor matting before diving into care and maintenance. If you want to use quality outdoor matting or quality camping mats on your patio for decoration, they offer several benefits.
- Safety: Outdoor matting gives traction to help prevent falls in wet and slippery conditions.
- Cushioned Comfort: They are a comfortable and cushioned surface for walking or standing on.
- Esthetics: Outdoor matting comes with a wide range of colours and designs to enhance the appearance of any outdoor area.
Learn How to Care For Your Outdoor Mat to Get These Benefits
For outdoor matting to be maintained, regular cleaning is essential. Your mats may need to be cleaned at least every week, depending on their exposure and foot traffic. Here’s how:
- Clean Up Debris: Use the broom or leaf blower to clean up dirt, debris, and other particles from the mat’s surface. This prevents the dirt from settling into the mat.
- Hose Down: If your mats tend to be small, rinse them out into the sun. Use a hose to apply moderate-pressure water to avoid damaging matting.
- Mixing Soap with Water: To remove dirt or stubborn stains from surfaces, combine a mild detergent in water and scrub with a soft-bristled brush. Rinse completely to remove any residue.
- Dry in the Sun: Let the mats dry completely by the sun. Avoid folding and storing them damp, which may lead to mould or mildew.
- Accidents Do Happen: Spills and stains can sometimes occur on your outdoor matting. Here’s what you need to do for common stains.
- Beverage and Food Stains: Blot the stain as much as you can. Then, combine water with a mild dishwashing soap and gently scrub away the stain. Rinse well with water. Let it air dry.
- Oil & Grease Stains: Sprinkle baking powder on the stain to absorb excess oils or grease. After a while, you can brush the baking soap off and apply a degreaser. Rinse your clothes thoroughly with clean water.
- Moulds: When you notice mould growth or mildew growth, mix equal parts vinegar and water. Apply the solution to the affected area and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before cleaning it with a scrub brush. Rinse off the matting, then let it completely dry in sunlight.
- Storage: Follow these guidelines if you plan to store your outdoor mats during the offseason or for a longer period to prevent damage.
- Wash and Dry: Thoroughly clean and dry the matting before storing. Moisture on the mat may lead to mildew or mould.
- Roll, don’t fold: Roll the matting tightly and tightly to prevent folds or creases. Folding can weaken fibres in the mat and cause damage.
Follow these instructions to maintain your outdoor matting, including recycled outdoor mats, in the best possible condition. Your outdoor space will be safer, more comfortable, and more aesthetically appealing. Your camping mats and outdoor matting can be maintained to give you many years of enjoyment.